Change PageSize option from Mac PDE?

Aaron Sher asher at vanteon.com
Thu May 24 07:35:20 PDT 2012

I think I see. The deal is that you specify two page sizes with the same physical dimensions, but specify cupsBorderlessScalingFactor on the PageSize line in the PPD file, like so (from one of the HP drivers):

*PageSize iso-a5-borderless/Borderless A5: "<</PageSize[419.52 595.29] /ImagingBBox null/cupsBorderlessScalingFactor 1.04>> setpagedevice"

I assume that what will happen here is that CUPS will tell the application that the imageable area is 1.04 times bigger than the "real" area as defined by the ImageableArea line, and then will set the origin appropriately?

Is this stuff documented anywhere? I haven't found anything but a few oblique references and forum posts.

Thanks,
   Aaron