command returning a value of option

Jiří Tempír jiri.tempir at kleibl.cz
Tue May 29 04:49:12 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have a similar problem which is discuss in thread "User-specific settings". We have a Ricoh Aficio printer and print from Linux Terminal Server. I want to insert UserCode into a job header according to who makes the job.

I'm looking for the cleanest way how to insert UserCode into a job for a concrete printer.

Is it possible to execute a command inserted in PPD file?
In PPD http://www.openprinting.org/ppd-o-matic.php?driver=Postscript-Ricoh&printer=Ricoh-Aficio_MP_C3001&show=1 (at the end) there are commands date and sed. I have written a script returning a usercode. I tried to insert my script, bat it was not execute.

I also tried option *FoomaticRIPPostPipe: "| <command>" with another script, bat it was not execute too.

The last think which I tried is option *FoomaticRIPOptionSetting UserCode=None: "| (/usr/local/bin/pxlAficio &user;)" (in PXL PPD http://www.openprinting.org/ppd-o-matic.php?driver=pxlcolor-Ricoh&printer=Ricoh-Aficio_MP_C3001&show=1). The result is the same.

--
With regards,
Jiří Tempír