Printing from Windows 7 to CUPS using IPP withSSL-encrypted Basic authentication

Paul Conklin paul.conklin at cerner.com
Tue May 29 14:39:31 PDT 2012

Try kicking the log level up to debug2 (be prepared for more information then you ever wanted to see)  I highly suggest doing the following first.

stop cups
kick logging up to debug2 in /etc/cupsd.conf
remove /var/log/cups/error_log
start cups

reproduce issue

service cups stop
kick log level back down
move log file off
service cups start

That will greatly reduce the amount of hunting you'll need to do through the log.