printer prints raw pdf source instead of doc

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Thu May 31 03:36:55 PDT 2012

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/pdfasstandardprintjobformat#How_to_switch_a_system_to_use_PDF_as_standard_print_job_format
> , i get no improvement to try the command of the page.

Your configuration is (still) using foomatic-rip 3.02, which *does not*
accept direct PDF input but requires PostScript input (and interprets the
input PDF as a text file and converts that to PostScript using the texttops
filter).

You either may modify your *.convs files in order to revert to the
PostScript oriented workflow or upgrade to foomatic-rip 4.x which *does*
accept PDF.

Helge