Konica-Minolta 4750en crashed using CUPS 1.52 but not 1.50

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Wed May 2 15:25:02 PDT 2012

Mark Blades wrote:

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Feeding the printer the raw file had the same effect as printing from
>> > office. the printer hangs on processing the file and cups reports the
>> > job as complete. I also tried using the same command with the
>> > 1-50-success file and this printed out OK.
>> >
>> > thanks again
>>
>> And what about the nest test:
>>
>> http://www.file-upload.net/download-4322677/cups1-52_t2.ps.html
>>
>> Helge
>>

> This also hangs the printer :(

Well, then I guess your printer has a bogus PS interpreter.
You could try the following:
(1) on the new (cups 1.5.2) system, save the file
    /usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftops
    to a safe place.
(2) from the "old" system, copy over this file to the new
    system.
(3) restart cups on the new system
(4) try printing.
(Steps 1 and 2 must be done as root).

If the test print aborts in cups, post the portion ov the
/var/log/cups/error_log
which contains the messages referring to the test job.

Helge