Konica-Minolta 4750en crashed using CUPS 1.52 but not 1.50

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Wed May 2 16:07:44 PDT 2012

Mark Blades wrote:

>> I forgot to mention that you probably need to copy the file
>> /usr/bin/pdftops
>> over to the new system if it does not already exist there.
>>
>> Helge
>>
> pdftops exists in /usr/bin  I think cups is using the version in
> /etc/cups/filters as pdftops was failing until I changed file permissions
> on the copied file to match the rest of the directory (755 I think).  Do I
> still need to replace the copy in /usr/bin?

No, I don't think so. The filter  /usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftops is in fact a
wrapper program which calls either /usr/bin/pdftops or Ghostscript depending
on how cups gets configured on build time (which has been done at Ubuntu's
when building the rpm stuff).
And the 1.5.0 file you provided has been created by the /usr/bin/pdftops
utility, whereas the 1.5.2 file has been created by Ghostscript (version
9.05).

Helge