Konica-Minolta 4750en crashed using CUPS 1.52 but not 1.50

Mark Blades m.c.blades at btinternet.com
Thu May 3 10:04:06 PDT 2012

> %userdict dup(\004)cvn{}put (\004\004)cvn{}put
> thus making it to a PostScript comment and
> print the file again to the printer as a raw job, and
> post the result.
>
> Helge

Commenting out the above and sending as raw via the shell still hangs the printer. nothing in the logs and cups still reports the job as printed successfully.

regards

mark

ps I also tried downgrading cups to 1.50 via the oneiric repos, but just managed to corrupt apt and ended up  reinstalling the OS.  So much for that bright idea.