Konica-Minolta 4750en crashed using CUPS 1.52 but not 1.50

Mark Blades m.c.blades at btinternet.com
Fri May 4 10:31:21 PDT 2012

> > Mark Blades <m.c.blades at btinternet.com> writes:
> >
> > > %%[ Starting Executive ]%%
> > > UltraScript(tm) Version 3015.102  COPYRIGHT 1987, 2002 MINOLTA-QMS, INC.

Thanks James and Helge but I have managed a workaround while the bugs are ironed out.

I ended up setting up a virtualbox running ubuntu 11.10 and installed cups 1.50 on that.  I managed to connect to this from the host and can now use my printer again.  What a Faff!

I will submit a bug to the UBUNTU cups team and see whether it gets fixed.

thanks again

Mark