[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #4085: CUPS filter: only serial, no parallel processing of jobs for one priner

kays k.burghardt at math.uni-goettingen.de
Wed May 16 15:34:17 PDT 2012

[STR New]

We've got a CUPS with lots of printers and many users.
All printers are accessed via IPP. We're using pykota.

1. Many jobs were sent to a printer.
2. There is only one filter-process running for a printer at a time.
   Some of the filter processes lasts for minutes to hours. This time
   no other job can be printed, effectively blocking the printer.

So we suggest that a job is processed immediately (runs filters) when
queued,
and to add a timeout for processing which brings jobs forward when their
filtering has already finished.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4085
Version: 1.5.2