[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #4089: clients ignore DefaultPrinter

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Thu May 17 14:48:42 PDT 2012

[STR New]

I gave trunk a test and found that:

  a)  printers.conf is always alphabetized

  b)  the clients default to the first <Printer/>, treating the
      <DefaultPrinter/> as just another <Printer/>

This must be an issue with cupsd; it affects other clients such as any Qt
or gtk apps.

I just tried downgrading back to 1.5; the problem also exists there.

The DefaultPrinter was set in my case via the web interface.

(The clients do honour the Default entry in $HOME/.cups/lpoptions,
which is why I had not previously noticed it.)

[This would be less of a problem for me if I didn’t have a queue called
‘dymo’ pointing at a label printer. ☹]

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4089
Version: 1.6-current