editing "Listen" line in cupsd.conf causes cupsdto fail to start

Leon Goldman leon244 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 2 13:14:56 PDT 2012

> > Leon,
> >
> > What is the error you got?

> > Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer, PWG Chair
> >
> Michael,
> I will need to wait until I get home and recreate the event to see the exact message. Thank you.
> Leon
Michael,
I have chosen to give up on compiling and using 1.6.1. As I research it, I would need to compile so many other programs and apps to meet the requirements that I have gone back to 1.4.8. Now at least I can use the printer on my wife's computer, but I cannot any longer add a local computer. I suspect there is some library conflict, but I give up at this point. Thank you for your help.
Leon