test page fails to print

Leon Goldman leon244 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 4 05:39:29 PST 2012

I am trying to set up a printer in a VM of Ubuntu. I access CUPS 1.5.3, have installed the Brother drivers for my Brother MFCJ6710DW and created the printer on usb:/  I have enabled the usb port for the VM.

However, when I try to print a test page, nothing happens. The job is apparently successfully sent.

Access log shows:
localhost - - [04/Nov/2012:08:33:47 -0500] "POST /printers/MFCJ6710DW HTTP/1.1" 200 415 Print-Job successful-ok

Don't see anything specific in the error.log

Appreciate any suggestions you may have.