[cups.general] Scale documents from one page size to an other

Alex Dyas adyas at linalis.com
Fri Nov 23 01:17:49 PST 2012

Hello Helge,

Thanks for your reply.  We tried this, but quickly ran into an other problem, that printer instances are not available from most applications.  This in itself is a show stopper.  To explain - I create an instance using the lpoptions command line.  The printer instance is available from OpenOffice, but not from Firefox, or a number of other applications.  Even the Ubuntu printer management dialogues are inconsistent, one will show the printer instance, the other will not.  I tried restarting cups, and even rebooting, but to no avail.

Having Googled the problem it seems we are not alone, CUPs printer instances are not fully supported.  So we are stopping this line of investigation.

I will post a new question to the group for advice on a better way to achive our goal.

Thanks for your help.

Alex

--
Alex Dyas, Manager - Systems Administration
Tel: +41 22 348 30 15 | Mob: +41 788 34 6540

Expert en Services, Formation et Recrutement BI et Applications Web (CMS, CRM)
Partenaires certifies de Pentaho (BI), Jedox (Palo), Acquia (Drupal), SugarCRM et Infobright