[cups.development] cups-dev Digest, Vol 106, Issue 1

Ma Pomme-Tao postmaster at ma-pomme-tao.com
Sat Nov 3 03:14:47 PDT 2012

> Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:45:23 -0700
> From: Roger Foreman <designbyrogerllc at gmail.com>
> Subject: [cups.development] Star Micronics TSP100u
> To: cups-dev at easysw.com
>
> I am using a MacBook version 10.6.8.
>
> The receipt printer font set is printing too small for most people to read comfortably.  Changing the paper size does not correct the issue; altering the page size cuts text off on the right margin. Either the internal margin settings must be adjusted to allow the text size to increase automatically or the font size must be changed in the config file.  I require help with correcting this situation because not familiar with changing the config file for this printer.
> I appreciate any help or suggestions.
> Thanks.

Hello
You must set the font size inside you model for printing and margin inside file/ printing format/ of your software. Margin can be set to 0 to use the largest area.
I use this kind of printer for restaurant, hôtel and shops to print tickets and resumed report for day or month accounting in FileMaker programs. For detail report that can't be printed in less than 72 or 80mm, I prefer to use a standard printer with appropriate paper form.(A6, A5, A4 or A3 format).

Regards

Bertrand LAMBERT
http://www.ma-pomme-tao.com