[cups.development] [RFE] STR #4236: backend for Windows Print Spooler

kenji uno ku at digitaldolphins.jp
Thu Nov 29 07:22:21 PST 2012

[STR New]

I want to share local printers for iPad AirPrint, via cups (on cygwin)!

btw I have written an experimental backend "wps" (windows print spooler).
The code is very dirty, need review.
works on cygwin 1.7.
no conversion will be done. giving ps will send ps as is.
some expensive network MFPs will accept ps or pdf directly. USB printers
will need converter. gsprint may be good alternative.

fyi I'll attach it as a patch...

Thank you for your interests about a backend dedicated on windows!

Link: https://www.cups.org/str.php?L4236
Version:  -feature