Can the rasterisation file be logged for scrutiny when printing

handy handy2209 at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 1 05:46:43 PDT 2012

I am a newcomer to this newsgroup, my apologies if I make mistakes.

I am familiar with computing and industrial electronics and have spent considerable time figuring out how CUPS works for mainly single users, since I changed to use Linux in the form of PCLinuxOS.

When I have time to work on the PCLinuxOS forum I try to help with printing problems. One thing that has me beaten, how can I record or log what is sent to the actual printer xyz??  That is:

How can I log the actual rasterisation?

or is there a temporary file that I could intercept that holds that data?

To a degree I have found that by using "cupsdisable" I can then in /var/spool/cups look at the d0000--- file(s) but I now realise that this is just the original application file not after the application file has been through the filters.