Can the rasterisation file be logged forscrutiny when printing

handy handy2209 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Oct 3 05:01:13 PDT 2012

Hello Johannes,
Thanks very much indeed for your reply.  I am going to test first::

> To do this set in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf the line
>
>    FileDevice yes
>
> see "FileDevice" at
> http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.5/ref-cupsd-conf.html

This looks very straight forward to me, I am familiar with setting print queues with lpadmin so I should not have trouble getting this to work.

/etc/cups/cupsd.conf I still find this intimidating but can understand just enough here to experiment now and then.

I am also going to look at your other references, some if which I have already come across a few times.  Writing my own filter I am interested to try but apprehensive about

Regards
w.