Adobe Acrobat 10.1.4 for Mac ignores printer duplex defaults

Wade Grimes wade.grimes at sapere.com
Wed Oct 10 14:15:22 PDT 2012

Hello--

Does anyone out there know how to make Acrobat for Mac not ignore all the settings that I've configured in CUPS?  When I print from any other application (Mail, Word, Safari, etc), those applications use the Apple print dialog, and duplex appropriately.  But when I print from Acrobat, it has it's own print dialog, and ignores the defaults set in CUPS.  I would like for everything I print to default to print on both sides, but when Acrobat presents their print dialog, the 'print on both sides' box is never checked, and does not print duplex (unless I manually check the 'print on both sides' box).

Can anyone tell me how to make Acrobat either pay attention to the printer defaults, or keep the 'print on both sides' box checked?

Hey, thanks in advance.

Wade