[cups.general] Turning Cups Off

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Oct 19 00:59:34 PDT 2012

Hello,

On Oct 18 19:01 Michael Sweet wrote (excerpt):
> There is no way to disable local spooling with CUPS
> at this time.  There are third-party printing solutions
> that may support what you want to do...
>
> On 2012-10-18, at 4:23 PM, lucasp <lucasprss at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Correct me if I am wrong but I am wanting
>> to turn off the print spooler off (this would be CUPS
>> correct?) and change the printer setting to print directly
>> to printer.??

What about stopping the local running cupsd and then use
something like

# cupsfilter ... >/dev/usblp0

or for a network printer something like

# cupsfilter ... | netcat network.printer.IP.address 9100

or something like

# cupsfilter ... | /usr/lib/cups/backend/backend_name ...

But I don't know if this is what he actually wants to do.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner