Problem printing from Windows to CUPS

Dag Ringdal dringdal at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 07:02:24 PDT 2012

I have had CUPS installed on my Ubuntu box for several years, and it has been whitout problems. Now I experience a lot of problems. When I pick a document to print (from Words) I get a lot of paper with one or five caracters on each. I have to stop the printer because it runs out of paper! I use the right driver, but this thing comes and goes. I was ok for a day, then it went bad again.

Does anybody have a clue where to search to get rid of this problem? I'm printing from Windows XP and W7. When I print from my linux box it works fine.

Dag R