[cups.development] Multi-page tiff files print only first page

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Wed Oct 10 09:10:18 PDT 2012

Tamer Higazi wrote:

> Hi people!
> I don't know how to help myself, until I recently stepped over a message
> that CUPS is not capable to printout a multi-page TIFF.
>
> http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1117
>

> Is it still the case or have I forgotten an option to add, which tells
> my printer to handle all pages at this multi-page tiff document.
>

> For an answer I would kindly thank you
>

> Tamer

A couple of years ago I wrote a bunch of PostScript routines to render TIFF
files directly without the use of external programs, amon them a routine to
process multipage TIFF files.
It should be quite easy to make a wrapper script around these PS utilities
to run them as a CUPS filter.

Drop me an e-mail if you are interested.

Helge