[cups.bugs] [CRIT] STR #4208: Unsupported format "application/vnd.cups-banner"

German gwaisvol at pan-energy.com
Thu Oct 11 06:27:13 PDT 2012

[STR New]

I can´t print a test page with no printer.

When i try, a message appears that say:

Unsupported format "application/vnd.cups-banner"

If I edit the file /usr/share/cups/mime/mime.types and delete the
following two lines

 text/plain                    txt printable(0,1024)
 application/vnd.cups-banner   string(0,'#CUPS-BANNER')

So, the message don't appear, but don't print nothing.

I have compiled  cups 1.6.1 in Redhat 5.8 and Solaris 10, and the result
it´s the same.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4208
Version: 1.6.1