[cups.development] Difficulty to stabilize printers on Mac OS X

Ma Pomme-Tao postmaster at ma-pomme-tao.com
Sat Oct 13 19:02:34 PDT 2012

Hello and for my first question I woould present myself;

I'm an apple maniaq since 30 year and used to work on this kind of computers.
I provide some software for hotel and restaurant based on FileMaker Pro 7..12.
I used or have used a lot of languages (even 6502 or 68000 hexadecimal commands) but not very clear to Unix.

Now my question :
For printing FM uses the last printer used or the default one.
For a restaurant which is disposed on two floors (kitchen underground and restaurant at street level) I want to print orders on two different printers of same type.(Star TSP100 future Print).
I use Applescript via FileMaker Scripts to change default printer when I need an dthis works fine.
The problem comes from Mac OS X which forget printers or create new printers occasionnaly.
I'm not sure at startup which printer is the one for the kitchen and the one for the restaurant.

Theese printers are CUPS driven and with "lp" commands I get this :

 lpinfo -v

direct usb://Star/TSP143%20(STR_T-001)?location=fd120000

lpstat -v

périphérique pour Star_TSP143__STR_T_001_ : usb://Star/TSP143%20%28STR_T-001%29?location=fa130000

Has somebody a solution for fixing the printers vs Mac OS X and prevent from adding printers.

Thanks

Bertrand

P.S/ Apologize my English, I'm a frenchy guy :)