Printer driver development help

Sean M. Pappalardo pegasus at renegadetech.com
Mon Oct 22 08:53:45 PDT 2012

Hello.

I am again trying to get my Okimate 20 working, but I've been unable to find my last attempt from November of 2007, so I've had to start over, creating rastertookimate.c from rastertoepson.c. (I've had much less success this time since I can't find the PPD file for the Epson driver on my system.)

Anyway, my current attempt gets stuck in an endless loop but I can't see where or how it's happening. Even though I output stuff to stderr with INFO or DEBUG prepended and CUPS set to loglevel debug, nothing prints from my filter, not even the:

fprintf(stderr, "PAGE: %d %d\n", page, header.NumCopies);

which is shortly into the main() function.

So my question is, why aren't I getting debug output from my filter? I'm on Debian Squeeze using CUPS 1.4.4 as packaged.

Thank you very much for your time and any help you can provide.

Sincerely,
Sean M. Pappalardo

P.S. Is there an IRC channel for CUPS devs? I tried ##cups on freenode but there were only a few people and no one responded in 3 hours.