Epson Stylus Pro 4000 - unable to print from sheet feeder

Lomax ola at mikrogroove.com
Sat Sep 1 22:01:13 PDT 2012

I have an Epson Stylus Pro 4000 which is connected to my office LAN by means of an internal EpsonNet print server. I have been able to install the printer in CUPS under Ubuntu 12.04 and the test page prints fine, however whenever I print from a program on the computer the printer requests manual feed sheet paper instead of using the paper tray. If I feed the printer individual sheets through the manual feed slot it prints fine, but this is really tedious of course. In the printer configuration web interface I can only switch the "Media Source" option between "Standard" and "Foll Feed" - there is no mention of either the Auto Sheet Feeder, nor the Manual Feed Slot. What can I do to get my applications to print from the paper tray? The CUPS test page function prints from the tray... Any help much appreciated!