Printer wrong dpi

Jeremy jeremycruz31 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 22:10:14 PDT 2012

 Good day! I want help in solving this problem, my printer is canon ip1880 and works well in ubuntu 11.04, but the problem is it doesn't follow the dpi i have set it to, i always put it to 1200dpi(which is the maximum),and also set at high quality, and choose photo glossy paper, but the printer still print in low dpi, maybe at 300dpi only. But whenever i use the printer in Windows7, i'm not having problems with it, it gives the best result (1200dpi).
 Anyone know how to fix this? Also tried configuring it in the cups server but still the same.
 Thanks in advance.