[cups.general] /usr/libexec/cups/backend/usb failed

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 00:39:11 PDT 2012

> Yes, you should have no problems sending jobs from 1.5.2 to 1.6.1.  Just keep in mind that if you are using CUPS browsing for printer sharing on the 1.5.2 machine, it is no longer supported in 1.6.x...

I gave it a try and I'm told there is a long printing delay now.
Apparently it's up to 4-5 minutes for a 4-page PDF.  I've upgraded the
client to 1.6.1 and I'll know if that helped soon.

I get these from the server error_log on cupsd restart now:

CreateProfile failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:The
name org.freedesktop.ColorManager was not provided by any .service
files
CreateDevice failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:The
name org.freedesktop.ColorManager was not provided by any .service
files

and this in the same log with each print, although Google says this
was due to the mismatch in server/client cups versions and not a
problem:

Unexpected 'document-format' operation attribute in a Create-Job request.

Do you know what might be causing the delay and if upgrading the
client to 1.6.1 should fix it?

- Grant