Landscape orientation on Brother

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Sat Sep 8 08:54:37 PDT 2012

pierre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working with SuseLinux 12.1 and two
printers, a Brother and an
> Epson. The Epson normally works, but the
Brother (MFC7420) does not
> want to print on landscape use. All seems good
for landscape condition
> but the print is always in portrait. I have
install again the printer
> but the problem is always present. Do you know
the case ?
This is a known problem on Brothers printers
depending on application you attempt to print
from. If you are trying from LibreOffice you can
go to Printer Settings --> properties --> Device
-->Printer language Type and change it from PDF
to One of the Postscript one's. I typically use
"from the driver". It has worked With my Brothers
MFC J6710DW.

It would be nice if you file a bug report with
Brothers and maybe some day they will fix it and
also come out with a 64-bit driver.

Hope this helps

Russ

--
openSUSE 12.2(Linux 3.4.6-2.10-desktop x86_64)|
KDE 4.8.5 "release 521"|Intel core2duo 2.5 MHZ,