Building Brother driver for ARM Linux

Guido guido_rotte at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 8 09:46:17 PDT 2012

Hello everyone!
First of all I want to say thank you for providing such a usefull tool like cups which makes it easy to print documents for Linux beginners like me.

I am using a Raspberry Pi together with an ARM Version of debian. I would like to use my Brother DCP-357C with it. Sadly there are no compatible drivers yet... I tried the X86 driver from this page: http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/download_prn.html#DCP-353C
As I expected, it didn't work, so need to get a driver that works on an ARM-system.
You can find the source code for all the drivers on the homepage:
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/download_src.html

Brother says, that the 353C-driver would work for my printer. The sources are included in "Cupswrapper printer driver source code (3)".

Sadly I'm sort of new to Linux and never compiled any source code with it.

So could someone please help me and compile the driver for my Raspberry Pi?