[cups.general] direct link to printer ?

Niels S. Eliasen nse at delfi-konsult.com
Fri Sep 14 03:45:05 PDT 2012

On 2012-09-07, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:
> Niels,
>
> There isn't currently a way to do this, but feel free to file a bug report requesting this functionality:
>
>     http://www.cups.org/str.php
Will do....
For the time being.. I do have a quick fix/tip/trick ....whichever....
In the Location field on the printers.conf file you can enter the Location line as follows:
Location free_text <a href="http://actual_url" Text_to_appear_as_clickable_URL</a>

Like this you will have a clickable field that can/will take you to the given printer...
its a hack I know.. but it works right now....