[cups.general] [OT] Recommmendation for wireless color laser printer wanted

Rainer Dorsch ml at bokomoko.de
Mon Sep 17 11:49:11 PDT 2012

Hello,

can anybody recommend a wireless color laser printer (~100 pages/month) with
good linux support? I looked at the Samsung CLP325W, but the "Unified Linux
Driver" which needs to run some scripts scares me away somewhat. How likely is
it that this "Unified Linux Driver" works after my next distribution upgrade
(Debian) and how likely with the version in 5 years?

As an alternative the HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw seems to be fully supported by
hplip and from what I can see, no vendor binary is required and is therefore
my preference.

Are there any other options out there

Many thanks,
Rainer