Cups printer working locally but not accepting jobs from clients

John mrmad1966 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 02:26:39 PDT 2012

I have Ubuntu file server 10.4 LTS no GUI installed. Currently this has been a file server only but now I would like to add an old Epson printer. I have successfully added an old Epson stylus photo printer which in turn is directly connected to a HP JetDirect 175 print server over TCP/IP.

Inside the web interface for cups I can see the Epson no problem I can even send a test page which prints fine from the Ubuntu server. I want to share the printer off to the half dozen windows clients. They can see the printer fine and it appears to install OK but when I send a print job I do not see it appear in CUPs que so obviously nothing prints. I'm at a stage where I'd like some pointers on what to do next to try track down the problem !! Thanks