[cups.general] Broken pipe error when changing printer options on 1.5.4

Alex Korobkin korobkin+cups at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 09:22:51 PDT 2012

Hello team,

I've compiled CUPS 1.5.4 for Ubuntu 10.04 x64, all the built-in tests went
fine, but I encountered a problem with its web interface:
Every time when I try to change printer options via Administration > Set
Default Options, I see "Cannot set default options: Broken pipe" error
page.

Here is the debug2 log attached to the email. During the short 2 min
session recorded in this log I started the server, successfully
authenticated to it, opened mf-test printer settings and tried to change
its default options.

Could you please tell me where to look for the clues, what could be the
cause of this problem?
Thanks in advance.
-Alex

error.zip renamed into error.piz in accordance with mailing-list rules.