How to use multiple tray for one print job

simon cheng simontszwai at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 04:43:11 PDT 2012

Currently we want to print the document by cups but there is requirement to print some specific pages on different tray (e.g. tray with special type of paper)

I know that we can specify the print tray for whole job, but is it possible now to specify using different tray for different pages? For example I want the print 1st page by tray 1 paper and remaining pages by tray 2 paper.

Is is possible to do it? Or is there any workaround for it? If not, is there any schedule to include this features at later version?

I using CUPS4J to submit print request now. Thanks you in advance!

Simon