Does CUPS Support Compression? How toenable CUPS Compression?

Johnson Lui tikon.lui at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 18:24:51 PDT 2013

Hello Michael,

Currently we are using CUPS 1.3.7 and those configs are added but doesnt work.
I should need to set the config on CUPS Server only or on both sides?
I am wondering your statement, the IPP backend will only support compression when printing to another CUPS server or "when doing raw printing to an IPP printer"
may kindly you explain more what is "when doing raw printing to an IPP printer"?
Thanks a lot