Shared Windows Konica Minolta and Debian 7

Vladimir sendmeoffer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 01:41:40 PDT 2013

Hi,
there is a network printer installed on OS=[Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 7601 Service Pack 1] Server=[Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 6.1].

Model is KONICA MINOLTA bizhub 652.

I am trying to print from: Linux smsk-01 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.41-2 x86_64 GNU/Linux.

I installed the printer with CUPS configuration tool system-config-printer 1.3.7. It is connected through IPP. The Windows share is visible. It is possible to print a test page, but not possible to do other prints. I have no idea why.

Have a look at CUPS log http://pastebin.com/q7wvQvrs It seems to be send to the server but somehow it is never printed. On the printer's console the document has a strange name like <DocumentName.pdf \233\232\230\545\232\878\234>. But from Windows machine it comes to printer with the name like DocumentName.pdf without <> signs.

What could be a problem here? Should I look into CUPS settings, or is this the printer's problem?