Port from Debian [Squeeze] to Ubuntu 12.10

Peter M. Groen pgroen at osdev.nl
Thu Apr 18 05:46:20 PDT 2013

This question is asked many times on the different forums, but no answer
found...

I'm switching from Debian (cups 1.4.4) to Ubuntu (cups 1.6.1) and suddenly
my compiler is complaining about "forward declarations" in ipp.h and I'm a
bit stuck at the moment.

-------------[Code]-------------
#include <cups/ipp.h>
ipp_t	*request = ippNew();

request->request.op.version[0] = 1;
request->request.op.version[1] = 1;
request->request.op.operation_id = IPP_GET_PRINTER_ATTRIBUTES;
request->request.op.request_id = rand();

This produces the following errors:

.../lib/printer/printerutil.cpp:xxx:x error: invalid use of incomplete type
'ipp_t {aka struct _ipp_s}'

There is no reason (as far as I can see) why this happens. Is the
interface changed that much? Do i miss something?

--
Peter M. Groen