[cups-devel] [UNKN] STR #4320: Strange problem with CUPS on a Linux (CentOS 5.10) LAN

msweet at apple.com msweet at apple.com
Sat Dec 21 09:00:21 PST 2013

[STR Unresolved]

Robert,

We don't provide general support in the CUPS.org bug database - it is for
tracking bugs.  And more specifically CUPS browsing was dropped in CUPS 1.6
and is no longer supported here.  So to be clear, I am closing this bug but
am happy to keep working with you offline or on the CUPS mailing list to
help find a solution. (I am off for the Christmas/New Year's break, so my

If you set the LogLevel on the affected system to "debug2", you will see
logging of any browse messages that are seen.  Similarly, that log level on
the server will tell you what browse messages are sent and where.  (I don't
recommend leaving the log level at debug2 since it is VERY chatty)

More than likely this is a network configuration error.  Less likely is a
physical network issue (bad cable/switch/port) - there I would expect to
see other issues, especially for a diskless client.

Link: https://www.cups.org/str.php?L4320
Version: 1.3.8
Fix Version: None