[cups.general] Printing classification labels from Windows

Marty Moradian mmoradian at harmonia.com
Tue Feb 5 06:31:57 PST 2013

All,

I'm running a CUPS server so I can add a classification header and footer to each page that I print. When I print a document from my Linux computers, everything works as expected. But when I print documents from Windows 2008 R2 using the MS Publisher Imagesetter driver, I don't see any classification labels at all. I've tried grabbing the Postscript that Windows sends to CUPS with Wireshark, putting it in a ps file, and converting it manually with pstops. I can see a very, very tiny pair of labels that are placed with no regard to the page size. I know that the code that adds these labels is exactly the same no matter where the file has come from, but something about the Windows driver has messed it up.

In the past (on Windows 2003), I had used ESP Print Pro to set up my printer, and I never saw these problems. Is there a similar ready-made solution to my problem out there? For some reason, ESP Print Pro cannot successfully add a printer in Windows 2008, with most of the same settings. I'd be grateful for any help.

Thank You,
Marty Moradian