[cups.general] Dymo 450 Turbo via CUPS

Viaduct Productions lists at viaduct-productions.com
Thu Feb 7 15:09:16 PST 2013

Hiya folks.

Just wanting to know if this is the mailing list where I beg for help.  If not, I'll move on.

I just bought a Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo, which has some Mac support.  They have an application that you have to use in order to use their printer, which completely blows out any workflow that I will be needing.  I just want to print out some address labels.

So they mention CUPS.  So here I am.  Here's what I came up with, but it doesn't seem to be printing.  The job doesn't go anywhere for some reason.

The label is a tiny little thing, 28mm x 89 mm (h x w).  So I have a 4-line address in a Textedit file.  This is what I think should be sent:

lp -d DYMO_LabelWriter_450_Turbo -o page-left=0 -o page-right=0 -o page-top=0 -o page-bottom=0 -o media=Custom.28x89mm -o nowrap  -o /Users/rich/Desktop/test_label_1.rtf

The job has a name of unknown, user Withheld, size 0k, pages unknown.  So I release it, and nothing happens.  CUPS error log says:

E [07/Feb/2013:18:08:04 -0500] [Job 42] Aborting job because it has no files.

Not sure what I'm missing here.  Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Rich in Toronto