[cups.general] sheet size limits

Gernot Hassenpflug ha4h-grnt at asahi-net.or.jp
Tue Feb 12 22:55:29 PST 2013

john <john at jmartinarch.com> writes:

> > Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> writes:
> >
> > > John,
> > >
> > > This is probably a Gutenprint bug, but it would be helpful to know what printer you are using?

> > Seconded. Canon printers have limits set in gutenprint, I can find 34 inches for the BJC-5500, most other large-format printers have limits of 23 inches set. So I am guessing you are not using a Canon printer. Certainly in gutenprint the limits could be changed. Please post to the gimp-print mailing list with specifics.
> > gimp-print-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> > --
> > Gernot Hassenpflug
> >
> I am using a HP DesignJet 430.  And I have tried printing from a couple of applications all result the same max. 33".

You'll have to find out what driver you are using from gutenprint: I see the Designjet 430 seems to be supported in PCL (only monochrome) and the sizes are as follows:

    36 * 72, 150 * 12 * 72,             /* 150ft in roll mode, 64" in sheet */

It seems there is a mistake there, the 36 in the first element should
be 64 if the comment is to be believed. So if you are using the PCL
drivers from gutenprint, then you should declare a bug on the mailing
list address I sent you. It is a simple matter to fix the code, but
not so easy to create a MacOSX package fix. So you might have to wait
until the next release to get a package you can install on MacOSX.
--
Gernot Hassenpflug