[cups.general] cups 1.4.2 always has a busy connection to remote clients

Doll, Margaret Ann margaret_doll at brown.edu
Sat Feb 16 08:47:30 PST 2013

I have just configured cups 1.4.2 on a RedHat 6.3 system.  Printing works
on the local system.

I can't get cups to share the printers configured on my RedHat system with
Macs and Windows.

Network host '10.2.85.93' is busy; will retry in 30 seconds...   from the
Mac.

The printers.conf file looks just like the printers.conf file on my RedHat
5.9 system except that every entry has a "Type 4" line inserted.

I use lpd://10.2.xx.xx  as the DeviceURL for all my printers.
I have Selinux disabled and for my initial tests I have iptables turned off.

How do I get the new RH system to share its printers?

One of the entries that is not working on remote systems.

<Printer gc-hp106>
Info HP Laserjet 9000 with postscript drivers
Location GeoChem 106
DeviceURI lpd://10.2.85.32
State Idle
StateTime 1360947888