[cups.general] Dot matrix

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Feb 19 05:32:33 PST 2013

Hello,

On Feb 19 05:01 Mr_Bits wrote:
> I use a couple of old dot matrix printers on my linux boxes
> (Citizen ABC and a Panasonic KX-P2123).
> I am using the recomended drivers but I cannot set
> max resolution (360*360) on either printer.
> Best shown is (360*216) which does not print properly.
> I can use (360*180) but no higher?

Do you really need to print images in graphical mode on those
dot matrix printers or do you actually only like to print plain
text with the printer's built-in character set and font?

Compare "Printing Plain Text in Printer-Specific Code" in
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Using_Your_Own_Filters_to_Print_with_CUPS

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner