[cups.development] [RFE] STR #4278: request change in backend/runloop.c to check if wifi cable is unplugged from printer.

gaurav grvmathur at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 18:19:20 PST 2013

[STR New]

Hi,

I request some check in backend/runloop.c backendRunLoop function, my test
case is as follow.
1. Turn off wifi while sending data. It worked correctly and program
execution came out of for loop in backend/runloop.c backendRunLoop
function.

2. unplug wifi cable from printer --> it result in infinite loop.
code is executing till
if (print_bytes && FD_ISSET(device_fd, &output)) ; it is not going inside
if case. But there is no condition to break this loop.

3. Printing is working fine when we does not plug out wifi cable.

Link: https://www.cups.org/str.php?L4278
Version:  -feature