[cups.bugs] [CRIT] STR #4287: My applications don't see the available printers

papa6 lionel.aubert at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 28 06:21:38 PST 2013

[STR New]

Hi,
After an update, I have lost the list of available printers from any
application (libreoffice, firefox, evince, epdfviewer...).

This list is correctly updated in /etc/printcap, and from
http://localhost:631 I am able to set up new printers, to modify options
and even to print page test !

See an old troubleshooting : http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/sam.html#13_1
which were supposed to been solved.

I have tried and installed several different printers. No problem about
PPD.

Because it is impossible to print any document, I set this priority up at
"critical".

---
My configuration : Asus EEE PC, under ArchLinux (kernel 3.7)
Printers : HP Laserjet 8100 and HP PSC 1310 (I have the right PPD from
previous)

Thanks for your attention,

Link: https://www.cups.org/str.php?L4287
Version: 1.6.1