For a discovered printer, information that has been changed is reset after reboot.

Richard Olsen olsenra at comcast.net
Mon Jan 7 12:15:58 PST 2013

When the system boots up, it discovers my attached printer and sets default information. If I change some of this information, such as printer name, location, device driver, etc., the changed information is lost when I reboot the system. It seems to me that this information should be retained on reboot. In fact, on an earlier release of cups/hplip and an earlier operating system, those changes were preserved.

Is there a flag someplace that I can set to cause the changes to persist?

Linux Mint 9 xfce
HPLIP 3.12.11
CUPS 1.4.3
HP Laserjet CM1312nfi MFP Color Printer - usb attached