How to bind cups (browsing) to a specific IP

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Wed Jan 9 03:03:49 PST 2013

Hello,

I have a server with several IP addresses on a single interface. I want to bind cups to a specific IP on that server, and have it serve out printers on that address to clients via CUPS browsing.

I have removed any "Port" directive from cupsd.conf and added "Listen 192.168.1.20:631", and according to netstat it works. But any printers published from this server still carry the URI "ipp://192.168.1.1:631/printers" (the primary IP address of the server). I added "BrowseAddress 192.168.1.20" to cupsd.conf, and now browsing stops working at all.

There are no firewalls, filtering etc. in place.

What do I need to do?

Thanks,
Andreas