[cups.general] cups does not respect error policy

Jan.Dreyer at bertelsmann.de Jan.Dreyer at bertelsmann.de
Tue Jan 15 23:47:46 PST 2013

Hi Johannes

Thanks for your explanations. Here the requested information:

---
# find /etc/cups | xargs grep -i ErrorPolicy
/etc/cups/printers.conf.O:ErrorPolicy stop-printer
/etc/cups/printers.conf.O:ErrorPolicy stop-printer
/etc/cups/printers.conf.O:ErrorPolicy stop-printer
/etc/cups/printers.conf:ErrorPolicy stop-printer
/etc/cups/printers.conf:ErrorPolicy stop-printer
/etc/cups/printers.conf:ErrorPolicy stop-printer
---

---
# grep -i '^DeviceURI' /etc/cups/printers.conf
DeviceURI lpd://bd-p30254.mydomain.net/LPT1
DeviceURI unc://localhost/
DeviceURI socket://bd-p30254.mydomain.net
---

Of course I already studied the documentation. I didn't know about the "nutshell" document though.

I also didn't try yast for configuring the cup services. I will give it a try now, maybe SuSE has made some modifications that prevented my changes to load. Will keep this list informed.

Regards
Jan Dreyer
IT Administrator / Operations Team / M-IT OMS