[cups.general] Querying paper size dimensions and margins from IPP printers

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Jan 28 06:14:56 PST 2013

Till,

On 2013-01-28, at 4:15 AM, Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter at gmail.com> wrote:
> "media-col" in the "requested-attributes", but how do I supply the media
> name for which I want to have the "media-col"?

You want to ask for the media-col-database attribute, which gives you all of the supported combinations of size, margins, type, etc.

If that fails, you can ask for media-size-supported (list of all supported dimensions and ranges of dimensions for custom/roll sizes), media-type-supported, etc.

Typically what you want to do it just include requested-attributes="all","media-col-database" to get everything.

(media-col-database is not returned by default for performance reasons, per PWG 5100.3)