[cups.general] Brother 8840D: "usblp0: removed" endless loop

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Jan 29 02:36:58 PST 2013

Hello,

On Jan 28 17:21 Gurtz wrote (excerpt):
> Referring to /var/log/syslog I see the following
> when I unplug the USB cable:
>
> ... udev-configure-printer ...

udev-configure-printer is a separated tool that is
meant to do full automated printer setup.
udev-configure-printer has nothing to do with CUPS
and/or with your software from Brother.

To get possible unwanted effects by udev-configure-printer
out of the way, remove the software package that provides
the udev-configure-printer functionality.
I don't know which software package that is for
your Linux distribution.
After you removed udev-configure-printer functionality,
re-setup your printer device as descibed by Brother.

If it then still does not work, ask first and foremost Brother
because it is their software.
Have you perhaps already contacted Brother because you got
the software from them and not from CUPS?
If yes, please tell what their reply was so that we know
about their point of view regarding this issue.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner